PrepareRI High School Internship Program
With almost 1,100 applications submitted or in-progress, the PrepareRI High School Internship program is extending its application deadline from December 31, 2019 to January 10, 2020 at 11:59PM. We appreciate our communities’ feedback and Skills for Rhode Island’s Future wants to ensure all students have access to technology and in-school support to successfully complete the application. For more information and the application, please visit https://skillsforri.com/prepare-ri-about or contact email@example.com or 401-680-5960.
Thank you for your interest in the PrepareRI High school Internship Program. Please read through the application before applying to make sure you are eligible for the PrepareRI High School Internship Program.
The PrepareRI High School Internship Program is funded by the RI Governor’s Workforce Board and is operated by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future (SkillsRI). For questions about this application process, please call SkillsRI at 401-680-5978.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
The PrepareRI High School Internship Program is a rigorous work-based learning experience where current juniors are placed in a 6 to 8 week paid summer internship. Students selected into the program will make $11.25/hour and can earn up to 4 college credits.
We are looking for 375 current high school juniors highly motivated to learn and wanting to explore the world of work. We DO NOT require a certain grade point average (GPA) or attendance record. We believe in creating access to high-quality work-based learning opportunities for students of all abilities.
If you want to learn more about the program before you apply, we are here to answer questions. Please call Skills RI at 401-680-5978 and ask about the PrepareRI High School Internship Program.
INTERNSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Attend Rhode Island public school
- Junior in high school (2019/2020 school year)
- Rhode Island resident
- Minimum of 16 years of age by March 1, 2020
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Parental/Guardian consent to participate
- Complete online PrepareRI Internship Application
- Complete interview with Skills RI and/or with employers
- Attend 40-hour work-readiness training scheduled for June 22-26, 2020 or June 29-July 3, 2020 from 8:30am-5:30pm
- Interns must commit to a minimum of 150 hours of work and a maximum of 240 hours AND a minimum of 6 weeks and maximum of 8 weeks between June 29-August 21, 2020
- Have a flexible schedule for work during the summer*
*Suggested availability is Monday-Saturday, 6:00am – 9:00pm.
APPLICATION & PROGRAM TIMELINE (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
- Phase 1: Application
- November 1, 2019: Application goes live
- January 10, 2020: Application due by 11:59 pm. Incomplete or late applications will NOT BE CONSIDERED
- January 10, 2020: Decisions for Phase 2 advancement
- Phase 2: Orientations & In-School Interviews
- January 13 – February 14, 2020: Mandatory student-parent/guardian orientation sessions. Notices with dates will be sent to all eligible applicants
- February 17 – March 20, 2020: In-school student interviews
- March 23 – April 3, 2020: Decisions for Phase 3 advancement
- Phase 3: Employer Matching & Final Selection
- March 3, 2020 – May 29, 2020: Student matching and employer interviews
- May 29, 2020: Final decisions
- May 22, 2020 – June 19, 2020: Matched students and employer onboarding
- Phase 4: Internship
- June 22 - 26, 2020 OR June 29 – July 3, 2020: Mandatory work readiness boot camp for selected students
- June 29 – August 21, 2020: Internship takes place. Student must commit to at least 150 hours. Internship will be a minimum of 6 and maximum of 8 weeks in length based on employer demand
- August 20, 2020: Graduation day
- August 21, 2020: Last day of all internships
Applications open on November 1, 2019 and are due by January 10, 2020 at 11:59 pm. Late applications or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Applications will only be accepted online here. Paper applications will NOT be accepted.
You may start and save your application online. To save your application and return to complete at a later time, you will need to create a log-in account. We strongly encourage you to write down your log-in account information and the save your work along the way.
- To apply, you must register for an account
- After you register, you must verify your email address. An email will be sent to you with a verification link
- Go to your email to access the verification link. Within the email, click "Confirm email address" to verify your email. After verifying your email address you will be brought back to the application site
- Once back at the application site, you must complete the eligibility form. If you are eligible for the program, you will then be able to access and complete the application
- You can start your application and save it to complete at a later time
- When you have completed your application, be sure to review your work closely before you submit
- When you are satisfied with your application and are ready to submit, click “Mark as Complete,” then “Review & Submit,” and lastly “Submit Your Application”
- If you are completing your application on a mobile device, after you have clicked “Mark as Complete,” you must click “Back to Application,” then “Review & Submit,” and lastly “Submit Your Application”
- If you do not submit your application, it will not be considered. Incomplete applications will not be accepted
- The application must be completed online, there is no paper form
- Application closes January 10, 2020 at 11:59 PM
If you need help filling out the application, please contact your school career coordinator. If you have any trouble saving or submitting your application please contact SkillsRI at 401-680-5978 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nosotros le podemos ofrecer la información en el idioma de su preferencia sin costo alguno para usted. Llame a Skills for Rhode Island’s Future al (401) 680-5978 para pedir asistencia en traducir y entender la información en este documento.
SkillsRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and program provider. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. TTY via RI Relay 711. Language access services in your preferred language can be provided at no cost to you. Call (401) 680-5978 for assistance in the translation and understanding of the information in this document.