Thank you for your interest in the SkillsRI AmeriCorps Nonprofit Development Fellowship. Please read through the application before applying to make sure you are eligible.
The SkillsRI AmeriCorps Nonprofit Development Fellowship is funded by AmeriCorpsand is operated by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future (SkillsRI). For questions about this application process, please contact Tracy Duffautat 401-680-5957 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP
Skills for Rhode Island's Future is excited to partner with Rhode Island College (RIC) to offer its inaugural AmeriCorps Nonprofit Development Fellows program designed specially for students attending RIC's School of Business, Department of Computer Science, and Computer Information Systems. Please read more about how to apply for this exciting opportunity of service while learning critical workplace skills and earning $21,000 annually.
The SkillsRI AmeriCorps Nonprofit Development Fellowship (Fellows) is an intense, year-round experiential learning opportunity for first-generation; junior or senior level college students; enrolled in Rhode Island College (RIC) – School of Business, Department of Computer Science, and Computer Information Systems programs.
Fellows will work with Skills for Rhode Island’s Future “RI Small Business HUB,” providing critical business and operations support to our state's business development nonprofit agencies. Service impact activities will include seeding, strengthening, and scaling small businesses through: Accounting & Bookkeeping, Marketing & Communications, Business Planning & Development, Fund Development & Grant Writing, Project Management, Information Technology and Cyber Security, Human Resources, Data Analytics, Access to Capital, Referral for Legal and other technical assistance.
To learn more about the program before you apply, please contact Tracy Duffaut at SkillsRI at email@example.com and ask about the SkillsRI AmeriCorps Nonprofit Development Fellowship.
FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a first-generation junior or senior level college student.
- Parent/Guardian did not complete a bachelor’s degree.
- Must be currently enrolled full-time, in Rhode Island College – School of Business, Department of Computer Science, and Computer Information Systems programs.
- Must be available to complete screening/vetting process – interview, orientation, and background check etc.
- Must attend Mandatory Orientation on October 2 – 13, 2023 (Time to be Determined)
- Must satisfactorily pass the National Service Criminal History Check (NSCHC).
- Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
- Must have an interest in serving the BIPOC community and driving economic development in low-income areas across Rhode Island.
- Must commit to completing 1200 hours by August 31, 2024.
APPLICATION & PROGRAM TIMELINE:
- August 28 – September 24, 2023: Application Period
- September 24, 2023: SkillsRI AmeriCorps Nonprofit Development Fellowship Application due by 11:59 pm. Incomplete or late applications will NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- August 28 – September 27, 2023: Notification to attend an interview session sent to students selected to advance in the application process.
- August 29 – September 22, 2023: Prospective Fellows complete onboarding requirement (Background Checks, Member Service Agreement, Payroll Registration and other HR related forms and tasks)
- October 2 – 13, 2023: Mandatory Ready, Set, Serve Orientation: Being held at the Skills for Rhode Island’s Future office in Providence, RI.
The SkillsRI AmeriCorps Nonprofit Development Fellowship Application is a two-part process. Applicants must complete both the AmeriCorps Application and SkillsRI AmeriCorps Nonprofit Development Fellowship Application
Applications will only be accepted online; paper applications will NOT be accepted.
If you have any trouble saving or submitting your application, please contact Tracy Duffaut (SkillsRI) at 401-680-5957 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
SkillsRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and program provider. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. TTY via RI Relay 711. Language access services in your preferred language can be provided at no cost to you. Call (401) 680-5957 for assistance in the translation and understanding of the information in this document.